Queen bed for 1 - 2 guests
This Room’s Theme
Each of our 11 guest rooms is designed around a common fear or human experience. The Geisha Room, this room is a favorite with its gorgeous brass bed and ornate wood furniture. kimono from my great grandfather hangs on display as well as a geisha. The word geisha consists of two kanji: gei (芸, meaning 'art') and sha (者, meaning 'person' or 'doer'). The most literal translation of geisha in the English language would be "artist" but honestly "artist" does not give an accurate description of all a geisha represented. They have a long rich history that is fascinating to explore but one thing that stands out is their role as protectors of (Japanese) tradition. We hope this room might cause you to pause reflect on your own traditions worth protecting.
- Air Conditioning and Heat Control
- Sheets, towels, blankets and pillows
- Soap, shampoo, and hairdryer
- Shower and bathroom access
- Coffee bar in common area
- Access to kitchen
- Outdoor deck, outdoor seating, rock and covered bridge
- Propane grill provided (must add propane to tank)
- Continental breakfast for low cost
Elevate your Stay
For adventurous guests, we offer an array of experiences to take you back in time. Sit for a tintype photography portrait, write a postcard to a loved one (or yourself), and discover the wonder of foraging and wreath making at one of our seasonal events.